Measure your opening space
use millimeteres as a unit of measurement. Measure in two places the height (A and B in the diagram below) and the width (C and D in the diagram below).
- Step 1: Measure the height:
The height must be measured from the floor to the ceiling. Take the average of the two measurements.
Note: the difference between the two heights must not exceed 10 mm; if it does, provide wedging of the top rail or the bottom rail to level it out
- Step 2: measure the width:
The width must be measured from wall to wall. Take the largest dimension.
This will obtain the ideal dimensions of your closet/waredrobe doors
If A = 2450 mm, B = 2445 mm, C = 1200 mm and D = 1205 mm.
- The height will be (A+B) / 2 = (2450 + 2445) / 2 = 2447.5 mm.
- The width will be 1205 mm.
- The ideal dimensions of your closet doors are: H 2447.5 x W 1205 mm.